|The world's largest online marine crew & boat network.|
Call the NAUTYCAL™ international support office, the home of Find a Crew™, on over 65 phone numbers in 24 countries around the world, or you can just send us an email support request.
You may also wish to refer to our Questions & Answers page first, or read the following frequently asked questions:
Must I become a Premium Member to make contact?
No. As a Free Member you can send up to 10 initial 'Contact' waves each day, and as many 'Reply Yes / Maybe' (or messages if you reply to a Premium Member), or 'Reply No' waves as you like to any matching member.
As a Free member you can only exchange contact details with matching current Premium members who 'Contact', 'Reply Yes' or 'Reply Maybe' to you, and then make any arrangements directly. With other Free members you send waves to express your interest with no contact details disclosed, to avoid your contact details being exploited by members who may not really be serious, or worse, are not who they say they are.
Find a Crew™ is to our knowledge the only marine crew network that checks every single member profile at registration, when edited, when a first payment is made, or an unusual behaviour is detected. Plus, it gives all members the option to complete a Personal Identity Verification (PIV).
The advantage of becoming a Premium member is that you are in full control to exchange contact details instantly with as many matching members as often as you like, and to show that you are committed to find a crew or a position.
TIP: It is a good idea to first use Find a Crew™ as a Free member to make sure the network works for you!
Can we register as a team or a couple?
Yes, you just register individually as Crew members and then click 'Add your Teammates' in your profile under the 'My Team' section. Boat Members can then search and find your profiles and see details about each crew member of the team.
I received a 'Reply Yes' or 'Reply Maybe' - What happens next?
As a Free member, once you have received a 'Reply Yes' or 'Reply Maybe' you know there might be an opportunity, but your details are only exchanged if you where contacted by a Premium member who was a Premium member at the time of sending you the message.
If a member became a Premium member AFTER they CONTACTED or REPLIED YES / MAYBE to you, you will not have received their contact details in the message they sent you. If that member is a Premium member now, they can view your direct contact details other than your email address, or send you another message again.
Free members can send a wave to the same member only once every seven days. Premium members can contact as many matching members as they like.
Why can't I attach my personal CV or Resume to my profile?
It's not safe for several reasons!
• A CV or resume is a personal document with often personal information and contact details of yourself and other people (references) who may not appreciate having their details online for all to see.
• You should be in full control of your CV and know who is reading it!
• By not permitting any attachments on Find a Crew™ we can assure you that all content is free of viruses. This is because viruses are contained in programs or documents that must be downloaded and run, or executed directly or via macros, in order for the virus to be unleashed.
On Find a Crew™ you can write (or copy and paste) information about yourself, your experience and expectations in the text fields of your profile. Once you made contact and swoped a few emails and feel comfortable with people you make direct contact with, you can forward your CV to them directly.
Can I suspend, hide or delete my account?
Yes - you can do any of that anytime. Simply click the steering wheel icon in the top right menu section when signed in to suspend your profile, change your visibility, or delete your account.
Important note to keep in mind:
I am getting too many emails. What can I do?
Limiting emails from members:
Only matching Premium Members can send you an email message. If you are still getting too many messages from members who are not what you are looking for, you can further reduce the matches by making use of the 'mandatory' feature. Simply tick the 'Mandatory' box available on relevant criteria, but keep in mind that this can dramatically reduce your matches.
Limiting emails from Find a Crew™:
Find a Crew™ makes every attempt to only send you emails that you might wish to receive. However to make sure you get the most benefit from our network we need to communicate with you.
You can change your email preferences any time via the Account menu (click on the steering wheel icon at the top of your profile).
• 'Personal Wave Summary' emails: Waves are contact or replies from Free Members that are summarised in an email which frequency you can select that suits you.
• 'Daily Member Match Notification' emails: These emails notify you about matching new and updated member profiles. You can select if you wish to receive only 'new', updated' or both member matches and what the minimum percentage match should be. You will not receive any match notification emails if your availability is in the past.
• Newsletter Emails: You can disable or enable them as you wish.
• Alert & Update Emails: You can disable or enable them as you wish.
• Reminder emails: These emails are essential to make sure you are aware that you have an account with Find a Crew™. If you no longer wish to have an account you can delete it any time via your control panel or a link you'll find on nearly all emails sent to you via our system.